This week we finally broke down and turned the heat on in our house. Low temperatures in Minnesota are dipping into the 30s (F), so now it's a lot more comfortable to leave the warmth of the cozy bed covers each morning. Aside from being warm, here's what else I've been loving:
- After a couple busy weeks with parent-teacher conferences, my trip to Portland and my husband's long hunting weekend, I love that my family is all back under one roof.
- I loved having dinner with a couple friends earlier this week. Our plan is to go somewhere new each month.'
- With each of my daughters this week, I loved spending some special bonding time. My sixth-grader and I went to hear a motivational speaker who had presented at her school earlier that day. Inspired by Karen Walrond's approach to her daughter's reading assignment, my third-grader and I started reading The Secret Garden.
- Several years ago upon finishing his school administrator degree, my husband rewarded himself with an acoustic guitar. Over the years, he has puttered with it but has never really learned how to play. This week he started lessons through our local community education program and has been practicing each night. I love to hear him practice!
- I love how social media can bring people together. On Facebook, I learned that a hometown friend, who currently lives with his wife and three kids in Hawaii, has been dealing with a tumor in his chest. While James endures tests to determine a course of treatment, his friends across the country and around the world are using Facebook to send prayers and positive vibes through messages and comments. (Your mental "well wishes" for James and his family are also welcome and encouraged.)
What's on your love list this week? Share your gratitude here or connect with me on twitter. I'd love to find out what you're grateful for. Have a safe and fun Halloween weekend (ba humbug)!