Here in the Minneapolis, Minnesota, area, we've been reveling in the near-80-degree temperatures this past week. The gift of warm weather tends to make everything a bit more pleasant. Here's what I've been appreciating:
- Last weekend I loved biking with my extended family and making a pitstop for scrumptious Zanzibar chocolate ice cream at our turn-around point. (Photo taken with my iPhone 3GS.)
- I also loved spending one more glorious weekend this season in a campground. (Full disclosure: The heat was on in our 5th wheel, which is a camper sort of like this.)
- Earlier this week, I loved meeting our 6th grader's teachers at conferences and hearing that she's doing awesomely well in middle school.
- I loved a mid-week date night with my husband at Hazel's Northeast, a local restaurant with great food, a nice atmosphere and, on tap, all Minnesota beers. (We enjoyed Cajun fried pickles, tasty sandwiches and Fulton's Lonely Blonde.)
- I loved hearing our 8½-year-old exclaim, "I just love to read!" Among her favorite things to read are books about animals and the Rainbow Fairies Series.
What are you loving these days? Share your love list with me here or on twitter. I'd love to find out what you're grateful for. Enjoy the weekend!