Things I’m pondering doing but probably won’t actually do:
- Sewing masks. (The many pattern options are overwhelming, so I’ve been using bandana-with-hair-tie masks.)
- Growing vegetables in my backyard.
- Eating ALL OF THE CARBS & CHOCOLATE.
- Making a Malaka Gharib–inspired zine for my grandma’s upcoming birthday.
- Shaving my head a la Annie Lennox.
- Growing my hair out to a bob a la 2012 me.
- Giving various rooms in my house fresh coats of paint.
- Washing our windows, inside and out. (Last Saturday, I did actually wash the family room windows and the front storm door inside and out.)
- Baking an Apfelkuchen. (This might actually happen. Maybe.)
- Planting morning glories from seed.
Things I’ve actually been doing the past couple weeks:
- Sewing cushion covers for a sofa I inherited from my grandparents.
- Eating roasted broccoli and cauliflower.
- Consuming a reasonable (for me) amount of carbs & chocolate.
- Getting out of bed every day.
- Enjoying my work and missing my colleagues. And missing my friends and extended family.
- Running two or three times a week.
- Reading: a poem each weekday morning; an essay each Sunday morning; this novel (which I just finished); this memoir; this Anne Lamott book.
- Admiring magnolia blossoms and tulips.
This is what I'm holding in my mind as April comes to a close and we open the door to another month. What items are on your lists? Leave a comment below or on the facebook community page; or find me on Instagram and share thoughts with me there.